In 2019, Porsche Design will make the next statement in the development of travel watches. Once again, the designers' precise analysis of the function leads to the next major development step and to a significant improvement in the operation and readability of travel watches from the past. The element of surprise: an innovative time display switch mechanism.
The current time zone can be adjusted in one-hour segments by means of a pusher, without losing the exact time setting [min/sec]. Simple, precise and with automatic adaptation of the date display, the readability of which has also been optimized. Setting the time using the crown is therefore no longer necessary.
That makes the 1919 Globetimer UTC the next style-setting design icon from the Porsche Design house which redefines industry standards. Just like the new Werk 04.110 which works inside the innovative timepiece. The caliber was uniquely developed for the special requirements of the Globetimer UTC – and is the second in-house movement in the history of Porsche Design. Of course, precision is the top priority.
Therefore, every movement is intensely tested for accuracy by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres [COSC], a neutral authority in Switzerland. Because when testing the timepieces, the same applies as for Porsche sports cars: standard is not an option. So the requirements are always set higher than necessary. This enables Porsche Design, like Porsche, to always be one step ahead and lead the industry. On the racetrack, just like in the development of exclusive timepieces.
- Diameter: 42.00 mm
- Height: 14.90 mm
- Material: 18-carat gold 4N [rosé]
- Finishing: Glass bead-blasted and polished
- Crown: Screw-down
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with hard coating, scratch-proof and with sevenfold anti-glare properties on both sides
- Case back: Screw-down
- Water-resistant: Up to 10 bar [dynamic]
- Minute, hour, central second, date scale on the inner ring
- 24-hour scale on the outer ring [second timezone]
- Day and night display at 9 o’clock
- Genuine Porsche car leather black with tonal stitching
- Folding titanium clasp with pusher and black PVD coating
- Buckle made of 18 carat gold 4N [rosé]
- UTC function, 24-hour and date display above hands from the center, COSC-certified
- Caliber: Porsche Design caliber WERK 04.110
- Rotor: Porsche Design Icon Rotor
- Diameter: 28.50 mm
- Height: 6.94 mm
- Power reserve: 38 hours
- Frequency: 28.800 per hour [4Hz]
- Jewels: 26
The Porsche Design 1919 Globetimer UTC Gold Edition is delivered in an exclusive Box.... Less More
case/case back: 18K rose gold 4N, calf leather strap: leather, total weight: 132.16g, fine gold weight: 99.12g
1919 Globetimer UTC Gold Edition
Article number: 4046901992194